Thursday, November 28, 2013

Fortunate

I've spent this month contemplating gratitude, writing a few sentences daily about what I'm grateful for. I've tried to keep it thoughtful and honest. I've tried to avoid being superficial, or obvious. It's not easy. What I started to notice was that I felt like I was circling back on a theme of recognizing how fortunate I am in this world. I kept thinking of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.


I am fortunate. No matter how I feel, no matter what I desire, no matter what. I am fortunate. This month has had me thinking about the basics. All of my problems, all of my miseries are only possible because I am fortunate. When I look at the pyramid, I see that the base is food, water, warmth, and rest. I have all of these at my disposal. Some, in such excess that I can afford to throw them away. I look at the full pyramid and realize that as an overall state of being, all of my needs are met and I have the opportunity to focus on achieving my potential. That's a damned good place to be.

So, I may not be rich, or have the best clothes, or the exact body I want...there are many things I want or don't feel like I have enough of, but I do have everything I need. This is my luxury, this is my wealth, this is my fortune.

11/18/13

cereal, berries and peaches
 mushroom risotto, squash and cauliflower
savory chicken, chicken soup sauce, squash and cauliflower








11/19/13

cereal, peaches and fruit cup
 BBQ with rice and beans, corn and fiesta mix veggies
lasagna, mixed veggies and fiesta veggies








 11/20/13

pasta fagioli, corn, peas and peaches
PIZZA!!!








 11/21/13

eggs, sausage, potatoes and fruit cup
 Greek salad
Caesar salad
skirt steak, potatoes and root veggies
 green beans
flourless chocolate cake








11/22/13

pizza and peaches
BBQ chicken with rice and beans, green beans and squash








 11/23/13

cereal and peaches
 cheese ravioli, corn and mixed veggies
PIZZA!!!!








 11/24/13

cereal and berries
Chinese take-out








11/25/13

steak strips, green beans, corn and berries
SHABU!!!








 11/26/13

cereal, berries and fruit cup
really bad cafeteria Chinese food and squash
 OK pork gyoza
 Oh. My. God. Amazing kimchi pancake!
Pink Floyd Maki and Summer Maki








11/27/13

eggs, potatoes, sausage and kielbasa
Cheeseboy's The Gobbler!








 11/28/13

savory chicken, mixed veggies
Thanksgiving Dinner!!!!!

turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, gravy, squash, green beans, and peas
pumpkin and pecan pies

No comments:

Post a Comment