Saturday, July 23, 2011

4 days...get ready to see some food!

Holy crap!! I haven't posted in 4 days. Not good...you know what that means, lots of pictures tonight.

I'm realizing that stress is creeping up on me more slowly than normal and it's been hard to detect. I'm realizing that I'm more frazzled than I thought. I'm realizing that I'm not dealing with it well. I'm realizing that I'm falling into old patterns...This is even more NOT GOOD than normal. Why?? Well, tomorrow I'm heading out for a few days and will not have as much control over my food as I normally would. AND, I've got my AZ/CA/NV road trip coming up. Lots of sitting still and being tempted to eat tons of sugar. I mean, pink snowballs become a necessary food group when on a road trip. Right?

OK, so instead of complaining, what did I do today to manage my stress and eat healthy? Well, I had a little social time, I actually started writing my paper, and I went to the gym for 30 minutes of cardio. I also managed to get cash for tolls and ink for my printer! Not bad. I did also manage to stick to the food plan today, but you'll see that in the pics...

7/20/11

No surprises here...








snack







And here's where I cheated a little...can you spot what's not on the food plan?  Don't worry, you'll see it again.







Shepard Salad---cukes, tomatoes, onions and vinaigrette


A and I went out to Turkish restaurant...we shared the salad






stuffed grape leaves, I had 3








Apparently, the meat shown here is the correct portion for the Cop Sis...they brought me another skewer after I asked about it. The rice and bread = AMAZING! I think it was the best rice I've ever eaten. I did not eat the onions or the pickled cabbage.





chocolate fro-yo with a sprinkling of oreos






7/21/11

Yup. Nothing new. Oh! Except the cafeteria now has a giant vat of buffalo sauce...it's on my eggs!







Standard salad with some sort of cauliflower and yellow tomato sautee.







Here, I just went all out...mocha coconut frappeccino with whipped cream and caramel sauce







leftover lentils and basmati rice with broccoli







7/22/11

more buffalo sauce on my eggs!!







So, I did have a salad for lunch...with a piece of pizza. This is my coconut cream frappeccino. Damn Treat Receipts!







Garden salad from Soulfire BBQ








Potato salad and southern fried chicken wings, also from Soulfire BBQ.
I ate 3 of the wings and about 1/2 of the potato salad.







New chips made from brown rice...pretty good!







 7/23/11

Can I have a little egg with my vegetables? There are 2 eggs in that scramble...carrots, red pepper, broccoli, onion and yellow squash with salsa. No cheese today. Whole grain toast with a little butter.

Sorry about the blurriness...new food camera and I'm still getting used to it.



Salad for lunch






And finally! Dinner! 2 Chicken breast tenders; sauteed white hominey, onion, red pepper, yellow squash and diced tomatoes with green chilis; and broccoli.

Amazingly good! The tomatoes and chilis were spiced more than I thought and I added chile powder. The mildly sweet hominy was a great compliment. Corn would have been in this too to offset the spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment