Sunday, March 17, 2013

Food fantasizing

My food obsession has been incredible lately! I'm not hungry...I've just been eating HMR food for over 2 months. I'm dreaming of pizza, of desserts...of bread!! What I wouldn't give for a grilled piece of chicken, or a lamb kebob! I'd like to say that all of this food fantasizing is triggered by stress. While high, my stress levels this week have been bearable and very well controlled by exercise. All I can think is that this diet is nearing its end for me and I'm looking forward. It is meant to run in 13 week cycles, and I'm in week 9 now. I've hit the two goals that I had; 15 pounds and then 20. I didn't dare dream a larger goal! But, is it possible? Do I want to continue? Do I want to take a break and come back? I don't know.

What I do know is that when my family visits in May, I will eat what I want to eat. I will incorporate plenty of fruits and veggies, but I will eat pizza. I will eat sushi. I will eat chicken wings. I will eat desserts. The real trick will be going back to healthy eating after the fact...

I will have one thing on my side though. Time. I will have time to cook again! Oh! To be able to cook for myself again! To be able to go out to eat once in a while! It will be grand!

 3/14/13


mango
 cheese ravioli, broccoli, cauliflower and strawberries
 blood orange
turkey chili with tomatoes & onions and prickly pear cactus fruit












 3/15/13

cereal, fruit and a little cheese

Oh yeah, I'm allowed to have just a little cheese...
 peaches
 All of this is going to be heavenly when mixed....

steak strips, mixed veggies, red peppers and spices to make a spicy Thai peanut sauce
broccoli & mixed veggies with savory chicken













 3/16/13

garlicy green beans and mushroom risotto
savory chicken cooked up with a spicy Thai peanut sauce, with peppers, broccoli, green beans and onions











 vanilla shake...Elvis style!!!
 cheese ravioli with broccoli and green beans
 5 bean casserole with hot sauce and mixed veggies
strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment