Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Seriously

It's time to get serious. Serious. Serious. Serious. Why, you ask?? Well I booked a birthday trip to Aruba this morning. I want to be in bikini shape for the summer, but I want to stay in bikini shape for Aaaaarrrrr-UBA!

Did you know that Aruba is darn close to Venezuela?? Closest to the Equator that I've ever been so far!! I'm just a little excited for this trip. I'm going to get another stamp in my passport!

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. How am I going to do this? I started tonight. I ran for 1 hour on the treadmill. This has me doing cardio for 1 hour and gets me prepared for that 10K coming up in a little over 2 weeks. It's time to get serious about my work-outs. No more going out in place of a work-out! No more little half hour wimpy work-outs because I'm going out with friends! And it's time to get serious about the sugar (again). Serious about eating in general. Back to the vegetables and minimize carbs.

If I get serious and make no excuses, I'll be in bikini shape for Aruba. No problem. Seriously.

 6/4/12

fresh fruit and Cheerios. If I'm going to get serious, it'll mean going back to skim milk!
 mid morning sweet snack
 Salad and chile con carne...I actually ate the crackers this time
 Chicken cuban with ham and salad with chicken, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges and pecans from Panera. I used one of the little dressings...vinagrette, not the poppyseed that comes with the salad though.


I went to the movies after dinner. There was much popcorn and sour patch kids...





 6/5/12

This is exactly the kind of breakfast that has to go...the tots and 1% milk are out! The Uncle Sam cereal, fruit and eggs can stay.
 Say goodbye, fair mac and cheese. I think I will miss you most of all...

roast pork and green beans
pork chop, broccoli and pasta

The pasta has to go...well, not totally. But I'm sure I will find better carb choices as I prepare for Aruba.











If you're wondering, my birthday is in September.
I'll be 39.
Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment